Contact

Tuesday 7 March 2017

Jeffree Star ⭐ Velour Liquid Lipstick Swatches & Review 💄 17 Shades

So I recently invested in some Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks, having seen a lot of my friends wearing them and hearing nothing but amazing things about them.

£300 poorer and 17 shades better off, here are the ones I got.....







Prom Night
 

This was a beautiful bright pink that was a near match for my hair colour Flamingo Pink. The colour was super pigmented and went on really easily without needing a 2nd coat. 

Doll Parts

 

A beautiful dusky pink which dries to a really lovely neutral shade. This shade is incredibly versatile and is great for day to day wear. I found this shade really works well with pale skin.


Watermelon Soda

 

If you like watermelon, this shade is for you. Not only is it bright, It smells of watermelons. Which for someone who is obsessed with food and yummy smells (aka me), makes the experience of wearing this 100x more amazing. 


Breakfast at Tiffanys 

 

When I saw this shade online, I was in 2 minds about it as it was really pushing my comfort zone of colours I'd wear. This really is a striking colour and a definite head turner! 
I'd suggest 2 coats for this one to build colour as your real lip colour (unless using a base) can pop through.


Blow Pony


This shade gives me so much life it's unreal.
A lovely lilac purple shade, this is another head turner! Be aware though that it can make your teeth look more yellow.(Purple vs Yellow on the colour wheel) 
This was one covering as it is very pigmented! However I'd suggest a 2nd coat to ensure all your lips are covered evenly.


I'm Royalty 

 

This was the first colour I ordered and still my favourite. I've always been a sucker for a bold purple lip, reliving the 90's style as an adult. 
I found myself disappointed that Kat Von D didn't do a dark purple, and the MUA formula for their purple was clumpy and uncomfortable. But this baby came into my life and has ticked all the boxes for an amazing purple lipstick. This is also incredibly pigmented and one coat is enough. 

Anna Nicole

 

This red is orange based, so is wonderful for a more gentle red lip (I find blue based reds are more bolder).
I was a bit unsure as I tend to opt for darker reds, however this shade surprisingly works well with my complexion and hair colour. Once again, this is 1 coat and is more than enough for a even coverage.


Redrum

 

I believe everyone needs a classic red in their makeup collection. It's classy, sexy & timeless. 
Redrum doesn't let you down and this shade is so beautiful and applys so well. This is also incredibly pigmented so 1 coat is more than enough for a pout that says I'm ready for my closeup.

Celebrity Skin 

 

I've only recently gotten into neutrals as they have never been something I've used before. I was recently converted to Lolita by Kat Von D, and since then I've had a thirst for neutrals.
Celebrity Skin is a lovely pale neutral colour that isn't too brown and gently mutes your makeup for a gentle look.
This was 1 coat and the coverage was even.


Androgyny 


Oh my days this shade is beautiful.
Seriously, this should be a staple in everyone's collection as this neutral is amazing. 
I can't even find the words to describe it, just go and buy it. now. 
You won't regret it.


Unicorn Blood

 

This shade is a beautiful dark red/brown, though, I always thought unicorn blood would be like lilac or something....
I'd suggest at least 2 coatings for a darker colour though as the stock photo shows it to be darker.


Pumpkin Pie 

 

Pictures don't do this shade any justice. Not only is this a beautiful subtle orange, it also has hints of metallic glitter in it. 
I can't wait to wear this shade next autumn 🍂 

Crocodile Tears

 

Green has never been a colour that I'd associate with lip colour. But needless to say, that viewpoint has now changed and I am in love with it.
I'd recommend 2 coats to ensure complete coverage. This really makes my eyes pop (contacts and no contacts).

Abused 

 

If you want a dark shade that isn't black, then Abused is what you need.
This is a very dark blue shade and is the perfect colour if you want a bit of edge in your colour palette. 
2 coats are needed for an even coverage.

Weirdo

 

Finally, a liquid black lipstick which ISN'T patchy. 
What is this witchcraft?
Seriously though, this black lipstick applies beautifully, isn't patchy and really transforms your look. 


Overall, I'm more than impressed with the quality of Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks and hope to buy some more soon! 

I bought all of these from beauty bay which is a UK stockist of J⭐.


Watch me swatch these colours in the video below 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment